Terms & Conditions
NORWICH CITY SUPPORTERS' SOCIETY LIMITED (NCSS) aka The Canaries Trust have published the following policies which can be read below:
Social Media Policy
1. Social Media Policy
1. NORWICH CITY SUPPORTERS' SOCIETY LIMITED (NCSS) Social Media Policy is intended to provide members and followers with an outline of how NCSS uses social media channels. NCSS has a presence on Twitter (@canariestrust and @CanariesTrustMH), Instagram (@canariestrust), Facebook (canariestrust) YouTube (@thecanariestrust5712), and LinkedIn (canariestrust).
2. The purpose of the NCSS social media accounts is to provide information about:
2.1 Specific event day plans and procedures for match going fans
2.2 Ticketing updates – on sale dates, away application windows, loyalty point allocations, successful application notices, ticket availability;
2.3 Travel – road closures, parking restrictions, rail disruption, tube suspensions / engineering works;
2.4 Match information – fixture changes, kick off times;
2.5 Safety information – travel advice for away games, security advice in stadia or surrounding areas for domestic and European away fixtures
3. The Trust also uses the accounts to promote and announce:
3.1 NCSS Events – info on the event and how to book;
3.2 NCSS Surveys – info on the survey with links to view online;
3.3 NCSS Campaigns – details of campaign activity including times, dates and locations of any meets, marches or protests;
3.4 NCSS Campaigns – links to all background info on each individual campaign;
3.5 NCSS Members' Meetings;
3.6 NCSS Annual General Meeting;
3.7 NCSS Special Meetings;
3.8 Community initiatives;
3.9 Charity initiatives;
4. The purpose of the accounts is to pass information on to members and followers. The Trust operates a transmit-only policy across its social media platforms. Individual correspondence will not be entered into via social media platforms. For a personal response from the Trust, please use email address firstname.lastname@example.org and a response will be prepared as soon as is possible.
5. NCSS social media accounts follow such organisations and individuals as may be necessary to further the work of the Trust and may include fellow Trusts, Football Authorities, Supporters' Federations, Councils / Public Sector and relevant influencers / journalists / broadcasters and news feeds.
6. Personal social media accounts of members of the NCSS Board or Working Party volunteers are personal and should not be considered as reflecting the views of NCSS. Members of the Trust Board are required to flag individual social media accounts as being Personal Accounts.
7. NCSS reserves the right to block or mute accounts directing abusive, slanderous and aggressive posts to the Trust.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is an EU law which came into force on 25 May 2018.
Personal data is any information we keep about someone which can identify them. In practice this is our membership database. Processing is using that information in any way.
GDPR sets out six principles for data processing:
• It must be processed fairly and in a transparent manner.
• The information collected, stored and used must be for a specified purpose.
• It must only be used in a way that are relevant to that purpose.
• It must be accurate and kept up to date, and where found to be inaccurate is erased or rectified “without delay”.
• It must not be kept for longer than is necessary for the specified purpose.
• You must ensure appropriate security to guard against loss or unauthorised or unlawful processing.
We currently do not pass on personal data of our members to any third party. However, should our policy ever change, we will inform you. In advance of any change, we will enable you to opt out of this through our website.
You can currently amend the personal details we hold by visiting our website and clicking on the "My Account" tab.
PayPal, WIxPay amd GoCardless are data processors solely for the collection of payments.
We currently only use the personal data of our members to email our membership with the monthly newsletter, give notice of our AGM, remind you to renew your membership, surveys and approved correspondence.
We will erase your personal data one month after your membership has lapsed or you inform us to cancel your membership.
We will not contact Junior Members Directly. Birthday and Christmas eCards, and Junior Newsletters will be sent to the Parental Email and/or plan purchaser's email address. The option to opt in or out of these communications is available at sign up and in the "Junior Member Certificates" tab.
Junior Members are not permitted to the Adult Member's Area and Forum.
Lifetime Members will be offered the opportunity to have their name featured in our Roll of Honour. The option to opt in or out of the list is available at sign up and on the "Roll of Honour" page.
100 Club draw winners will be offered the opportunity to have their name featured on our website, bulletin and social media. The option to opt in or out of the list is available at sign up and on the "100 Club" page.
If you would like to discuss any of the above information, please contact email@example.com